- Contains one (1) API ROOT TABS Freshwater Aquarium Plant Fertilizer 0.4-Ounce 10-Count Box
- Promotes strong root development for lush plants in freshwater aquariums
- Contains essential nutrients including iron, potassium and carbon
- Helps new aquatic plants get off to a vigorous start and to keep established plants flourishing
- Add tablets to gravel bed every month to ensure best results
Vibrant aquatic plants vs. unsightly algae
Healthy growing plants can outcompete algae. In fact, aquatic plants help reduce algae growth, as they compete for the same nutrients. Here are some guidelines to set up the right environment:
- For thriving aquatic plants, use a lighting system type and wattage that suit them best.
- To prevent unsightly algae growth, aquarium light should be on a maximum of 8-10 hours per day.
- It is recommended to test the water with both API NITRATE & API PHOSPHATE TEST KITS because excess nitrate and phosphate can contribute to unsightly algae growth, and zero levels of nitrate and phosphate will hinder plant growth, so you’ll want to make sure levels are optimal.
- To get rid of algae, use API ALGAEFIX algae control at first sight.